Necessary to check if all settings in BIOS menu is set correctly or preferably set default.
It happened to me because of drivers. I had this old server computer/ Sold after company closed or bought new.
* Have freshly installed Windows XP SP3.
* Installed chipset drivers for nforce 6100-405 windows xp 32bit.
1. Tried installing every component separately, starting with Ethernet driver.
— Pack contains Version 8.26.11.09
1. Ethernet drivers – THIS ONE WORKS!
2. SM bus Controller drivers (STORAGE)
3. Media shield drivers.
- Tried installing Nvidia video drivers
— Pack contains Version 306.81 International.
- Display driver
- nview drivers – Don’t know what these are.
In some forums i’ve read that Disabling Write-combining in Properties-> Settings -> Advanced -> Write-Combining Might help, but in my case it didn’t.